Wednesday 5 September 2012

So my fantasy has become a reality

I've always dreamed of restoring, refinishing and redecorating my house.  We moved in to our townhouse just before Aaron was born and it has been full of hand me down and mismatched furniture for the last 5 years.  Needless to say I've had less than a shoe string budget for fixing it up but I finally go fed up and decided to tackle something. I decided to work on the dining room first since that is the first room you see in the house.

This is what the room looked like when we moved in:


About a year later I painted it Salsa:





But I wanted to do something with my dining set, which wasn't actually a set but they work together.  The table belonged to my Great-Grandmother on my Mom's side and the chairs belonged to my Grandmother on my Dad's side.  I really like black furniture so I started searching the internet.






And then I found my dream diningroom

Tomorrow I will show you my progress so far.



No comments:

Post a Comment