Monday 18 August 2014

NO progress this week

cause I did something very stupid.


Aaron's therapist had her last day with us on Thursday, we're in the process of hiring someone new, but since she wouldn't be back on Monday I decided to dig out the room and give it a good clean on Friday. Since Mom and Albert were here in the afternoon so I figured I'd have help cleaning and someone to keep an eye on Aaron.

We took everything out of the room and vacuumed. I took the shelves down to wipe them but left the brackets on the wall, don't ever, ever do that. When I walked back into the room I saw something on the floor and as bent down to pick it up I stabbed myself with the bracket just below my brow bone. 1/2 inch lower and I could have lost sight in my eye, luckily I'm fine, I just look hellish.

I got a small gash which Albert thinks wasn't caused by the bracket since it is horizontal and may have been a tear of my skin, my eye is purple and will visit every colour of the rainbow, and my sister came by (she's a nurse) and said not to be surprized if it swells shut.

Lesson learned


Luckily, it didn't swell shut but it did swell enough that I couldn't stitch or do any of the other things I had planned while Aaron was at Mom's for a sleep over.  Now it looks like I was on the loosing end of a fight but at least the swelling and bruising will go away, it could have been much worse.

1 comment: